Each country has declared a traffic regulation to maintain a uniform flow of traffic; left-hand traffic symbolizes that traffic keeps to the right side, while right-hand traffic stands for traffic keeping to the left side of the road.
This creates a more direct line of sight for the driver to view the vehicles surrounding them.
In the United States of America, it’s legal to drive a right-hand and a left-hand vehicle, but most Americans prefer going on the right. It’s also permissible to convert the left-hand drive to right-hand drive and vice versa; the process is safe but requires a hefty investment, usually around $30,000.
Even though the first vehicle invented was a left-hand drive, 144 of the 195 registered countries use right-hand drive while only 54 use left-hand-driven vehicles. The good news is, manufacturers today configure both left-hand drive and right-hand drive as per the market demand. This changes the placement of the driving seat, the setup for the paddles, and the gear.
Rules for right-hand traffic:
- The traffic is mostly concentrated towards the right end of the road, so you must take over from the left.
- The oncoming traffic steers in from the left
- The left-turning traffic should cross the oncoming traffic
- Traffic moves anti-clockwise on roundabouts.
Rules for left-hand traffic:
- The traffic is concentrated towards the left side of the road, so overtaking is only permissible from the right.
- The oncoming traffic approaches from the right
- The right-turning traffic crosses the oncoming traffic.
- Traffic revolves in the clockwise motion on roundabouts.
Left-hand drive cars share a higher risk of being involved in a road accident due to the blind spot areas. But your safety depends entirely on you abiding by the traffic rules.
Even though the rules may seem overwhelming for anyone planning to switch their drive for a vacation, it’s relatively easier to understand once you begin driving; be mindful when changing lanes.
At the LVC Exotic Rental in Las Vegas, all our Exotic Car Rentals Las Vegas are right-hand driven. But don’t you worry, even if you’re a left-hand driver, you’ll be able to navigate in these automatic luxury cars with ease. Our fleet includes the best luxury brands- from Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren to Audi, Rolls Royce, and BMW.
Book the all-new Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster or Lamborghini Aventador S for $999 only.